Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish!
This weeks theme is top ten books on your syllabus if you taught x101
So here’s my syllabus for History in Books 101!!
2) All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr- it takes place in La Harve, France and it’s about the battle over an important port city.
3) Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein- A young, female, ATA pilot is flying a spy into enemy territory when their plane goes down behind enemy lines.
4) Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein- the story of Rose, an American ATA pilot in the UK in 1944, she is forced to face the hidden atrocities of war.
5) Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys- the Russians are removing the Lithuanians from their homes and sending them to work in labor camps during World War II; it is an untold story that is important for people to learn about.
6) The Reader by Bernhard Schlink- a teenage boy falls in love with an older woman and years later has to face her again while she’s on trial for war crimes.
7) The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah- Vianne is trying to protect her family while the Nazi forces invade France; Isabelle joins the resistance to fight the Nazi. (I haven’t read this one yet but it sounds amazing)
8) Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay- the story of the “evacuation” of the Jews from parts of France during World War II.
9) Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys- the story of Josie, the daughter of a hooker living in 1950’s New Orleans and she is desperate to get out.
10) The Help by Kathryn Stockett- it’s 1962 in Jackson, Mississippi and segregation is in full swing. A group of unlikely women band together to write a tell-all about what it’s like to work as a black maid in the south.
So …. Who would take my class? 😉
Anyone have any thoughts? I would also love to hear some additions you think I could add. Obviously it’s not a real class but I think it would be cool if it was!