I’ve been really bad about posting on the weekends lately, mainly because I’ve been so crazy busy. But I want to try to get better about it so I’m going to be trying to come up with some simple post ideas for weekends!
So this weekends post is going to be……
Six series I started in 2015 and cannot wait to complete:
1) The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: I wasn’t sure how I would feel about this series when I picked up the first book. I’ve never been into cyborgs and futuristic stuff like that but I was so wrong about this series. I am in love with it!! The characters are fantastic, the storyline stays the same through every book but each book is a spin on a classic fairytale, and the writing is wonderful! I’m so glad I picked this series up! I can’t wait to get to Cress and finally Winter!!
2) Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan: Again, I was hesitant to pick this series up. I had heard tons of amazing reviews about it but it was more for tweens and teens. Again, I was wrong. Yes, I find Percy to be naïve and obnoxious at times but I’m a 23 year old reading a story about a 14-16 year old boy. It’s bound to happen. I love the mythology in the books! It’s what drew me to the series to begin with and I love reading about all the myths in a modern way. It’s a very cool series and I can’t wait to finish this series and read more by Riordan.
3) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon: Words cannot even begin to describe how much I adore this series! It’s an older series that recently got a lot of hype when it was announced that it would be turned into a tv series (I compared season 1 to book 1 in an earlier post). So I decided to jump on with everyone else and see what it was all about. Just wow. They characters are amazing, the description in the books … you feel like you’re living what they’re living. It’s so unpredictable and believable and unbelievable. The books can be slow at times because there’s a lot of down time between the amazing adventures but it’s those moments where you see some truly beautiful words. I highly recommend picking this series up!
4) The Selection by Kiera Cass: I may have actually swooned when I read the first book. I thought it sounded so dumb when I first read the description. I didn’t think it would be something I would like in the least. Wow have I been wrong about books so far this year. I have only read the first book in the series but I loved it and I’m so invested in the rest of the series. It is so different from the books I normally read and I think the change is why I enjoyed it so much. I can’t wait to get to The Elite!
5) Private by James Patterson: I became a fan of James Patterson last year when I read his Michael Bennett series. A lot of the books I’ve read have been cop novels so it was nice to pick up something slightly different. Private is an investigative firm of PIs who cater to the rich and famous. I like the change up, the PIs have a bit more room to work with which makes the story a bit more interesting. I enjoyed the characters as well, the were different and meshed well together, even the minor ones.
6) Splintered by AG Howard: I love anything and everything Alice in Wonderland. So when I heard there was a spinoff series of novels I knew I had to read them. The main character is a descendent of Alice Liddell. Since Alice fell down the rabbit hole, all the female descendants have been slightly off the wall. Now Alyssa (main character) is going to try to stop the cycle by breaking the curse Alice put on her family. It has been awesome so far! I only have one more book to go and I can’t wait to read it!
Which series would make you’re list?